ACADEMICS IN MGSD
Academics within the Mooresville Graded School District are at the core of student performance and exist to establish MGSD students as globally innovative leaders by fostering a culture that cultivates critical thinking, communication, collaboration, creativity, rigor, relevance and social relationships. District level administrators facilitate the overall plans for and implementation of MGSD's academic curriculum and instruction; site administrators lead the implementation of curriculum and instruction and are key stakeholders in all decision-making regarding it. All district schools’ curriculum is aligned to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, and enhanced via a digital format and digital resources.
Academics within MGSD are based on many of the beliefs and values articulated within the district strategic plan:
- An environment of pervasive caring supports students' optimal growth and success;
- Academics will honor students' differences while providing them with high expectations;
- Data will be studied and reflected upon to inform instructional practices and programming that is personalized, customized, and individualized;
- Digital resources and tools is the basis for relevant and effectively delivered curriculum;
- Global awareness, civic literacy, financial literacy and health awareness are integrated into core curriculum content; and
- Critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication should be integrated into teaching and learning for staff and students.
MIS School Improvement Plan
Click here for our MGSD MTSS Parent Brochure.